Skip to Content
Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017, 11:02 AM
by Madison Agee
With EpicLeap training underway this month, employees will need to ensure they are following the special parking rules in effect until early November.
The EpicLeap team has partnered closely with Parking and Transportation Services to minimize impact to existing areas and maintain adequate parking space for Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) patients and visitors.
The training kicked off in early August and continues through Go Live, which is scheduled for Nov. 2. During this period, VUMC employees will attend classes over the span of 10 weeks in two locations: One Hundred Oaks (OHO) and the Critical Care Tower (CCT) at Vanderbilt University Hospital. Training will run every day of the week from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Parking and transportation will depend on when and where classroom sessions will take place. In most cases, shuttles will also be available to transport colleagues to their classes.
Included below are general instructions for transportation and parking for EpicLeap training. Employees should follow the specific directions on where to park for their training. These rules went into effect Aug. 1.
Critical Care Tower–Parking and Transportation
• Park in normal location if you have an on-campus parking permit
• Park in the N (commuter) lot if you do not have on-campus parking permit, or if you have evening class in lot serviced by the Purple shuttle. Contact VUMC Parking and Transportation by email or phone to let them know your training date and license plate number.
• Park in top levels of South Garage if you have a weekend class
One Hundred Oaks–Parking and Transportation
• There is no on-site parking at OHO unless you have an existing OHO permit, have a one-day EpicLeap parking pass (providers only), or have a weekend/evening class. If you meet these conditions, park in employee parking areas ONLY (yellow striped areas)
• You can park in the special parking area at the Fairgrounds; shuttles run every 15 minutes
• You may also utilize the existing shuttle route between main campus and OHO
• For weekend and evening classes, you may park on-site (employee parking ONLY–yellow striped areas)
Specific instruction and details may be found on the EpicLeap website under “Tools and Resources” (VUNet ID required). Employees can find the website by searching “EpicLeap” from the Medical Center homepage.
With these new rules in place, VUMC’s patients and visitors should not notice any impact on parking availability.
There are lots of ways to keep up with Vanderbilt. Choose your preferred method: