The annual Vanderbilt Family Night with the Nashville Symphony will be at the Musicians Corner in the southwest area of Centennial Park on Thursday, June 8. Festivities begin at 5 p.m., including a special performance by Brooke Waggoner. The symphony performs at 7:30 p.m. The Musicians Corner was established in 2010 and focuses on engaging the community, promoting arts education, and supporting local artists.
Activities at the Musicians Corner include something for all ages. Kidsville is a destination for enjoying crafts, fitness and an educational Musical Meet & Greet. All that fun can work up an appetite, so be sure to stop by one of the food trucks and pick up something good to eat.
Bring the entire family June 8 and enjoy one of the many Vanderbilt University Employee Appreciation events being held throughout the year.
The Nashville Symphony’s June 8 program includes:
- Kabalevsky – Colas Breugnon Overture
- Beethoven – Finale from Symphony No. 7
- Hayman – Servicemen on Parade
- Bizet – Farandole from L’arlesienneSuite No. 2
- Tchaikovsky – Polonaise from Eugene Onegin
- Saint-Saëns – Bacchanale from Samson and Delilah
- Dvořák – Slavonic Dance Op. 46, No. 6
- Porter – Begin the Beguine (arr. Hermann)
- John Williams – Raiders March from Raiders of the Lost Ark