UPDATE: The submission deadline for this award has been extended to June 12, 2017.
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center may nominate one candidate for the 2018 Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research Program. This program supports assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of a cure for cancer. The award provides $240,000 in flexible support—$60,000 per year for a four-year period.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in a field related to biomedical sciences or medicine.
- As of Oct. 16, 2017, candidates must hold full-time appointments at the rank of assistant professor or the equivalent. Appointments such as research assistant professor, adjunct assistant professor, assistant professor research track, visiting professor or instructor are not eligible.
- As of June 30, 2017, candidates must have been in such an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before June 30, 2014), whether or not such an appointment was on a tenure track.
- The selected candidate may be nominated by Vanderbilt two times in total.
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on June 12:
- A brief (two-page maximum) research plan including summary budget;
- A brief statement of support from the department chair/center director;
- A CV or NIH Biosketch
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
Once received, all proposals will be forwarded to an internal review committee that will choose the final nominee. The chosen nominee will submit a full proposal to the foundation by its Oct. 16, 2017, deadline.
If you have any questions about the sponsor or its interests and priorities, please contact the following individuals:
VU: Hilda McMackin, research development program manager, Office of the Vice Provost for Research, (615) 875-2716
VUMC: Megan Smallwood, program manager, Office of Research, (615) 875-7529