- 615-322-6397 Email
- Vanderbilt University to host Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting in 2023
- Four with a ‘Dore: Rhylee Tucker
- Noam Chomsky’s biographer, VU Professor Robert Barsky, interviewed about his work
- Project Safe to provide programming in recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness Month throughout April
MEDIA ADVISORY: Chemo Ducks program among recipients of $75,000 donation from VU students
A unique Vanderbilt class focusing on philanthropy will end the semester with students presenting checks totaling $75,000 to service organizations tomorrow.
The giving ceremony will take place Friday, April 28, at 3:30 p.m. in Mayborn Hall at Vanderbilt’s Peabody College of education and human development.
In the class, “Philanthropy and Social Problem Solving,” students worked all semester in groups to identify needs and the service organizations working to meeting those needs. Vanderbilt Chancellor Nicholas S. Zeppos is scheduled to attend and present the checks to representatives of the charities selected by the students:
- The Nashville International Center for Empowerment
- Project Return
- Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program
- Living Water International
The class is part of Peabody’s community, leadership and development track in the Department of Human and Organizational Development. It is a partnership with The Philanthropy Lab, which provided the funds for the students to donate.
WHAT: Philanthropy class giving ceremony
WHEN: Friday, April 28, 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Mayborn Building (Mezzanine) at Vanderbilt’s Peabody College