Vanderbilt University employees with funds remaining in 2016 health care or dependent day care flexible spending accounts (FSAs) have until March 15, 2017, to use their funds and must submit all claims by April 15, 2017.
FSAs are a use-it-or-lose-it benefit. IRS rules require claims for 2016-eligible expenses to be filed by April 15, or the remaining funds are lost.
If you have funds remaining in 2016 FSA accounts (or think you might), follow these steps:
- Check your FSA balance in My VU Benefits. Log in with your VUnetID and password, then click on “View My Reimbursement Account.”
- Find a list of eligible expenses in the Reimbursement Accounts section of My VU Benefits.
- Submit your claims by April 15 using one of these methods:
- Online using My VU Benefits. Log in and click on “View My Reimbursement Account.”
- Fax a receipt to 253-793-3766.
- Email a Reimbursement Request Form, with receipts, to email@example.com.
Need help or have questions?
For help with your Benefit Express account or claims, contact Benefit Express at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-837-5017.
If you have general questions about the flexible spending account program, contact Human Resources.