Media Advisory: Panel on how educators and policymakers can work togetherby Joan Brasher Apr. 29, 2016, 11:02 AM
Vanderbilt’s Peabody College of education and human development will host a forum on Thursday, May 5, at 4:30 p.m. to initiate conversation around best practices for educators when working with policymakers. The panel is slated to include:
- Rep. Harry Brooks, R-Knoxville
- Rep. John Ray Clemmons, D-Nashville
- Wright Middle School 8th grade teacher Kristian Dennison
- Shafer Middle School 7th grade teacher Natalie Coleman
- KIPP Kirkpatrick Elementary Dean of Student Support Katie Elam
Dennison, Coleman and Elam are all Peabody alumnae. Camilla P. Benbow, Patricia and Rodes Hart Dean of Education and Human Development, will deliver opening remarks. Catherine Gavin Loss, assistant professor of the practice in the Department of Leadership, Policy and Organizations, will serve as moderator.
The discussion will be followed by a brief question and answer period.
WHO: Policymakers and educators
WHAT: Panel discussion
WHERE: Wyatt Center Rotunda at Vanderbilt’s Peabody College, 1930 South Drive, Nashville
WHEN: Thursday, May 5, at 4:30 p.m.
Event coordinator: Amanda Van Doorn, email@example.com