VIDL will accept proposals for funding of up to $500 for faculty and staff with preference given to requests for the purchase of digital equipment to aid with innovative projects in teaching or research. Funding can be used to purchase minor equipment and software (e.g., microphones or cameras) meant to enhance innovation, and VUIT staff can offer advice on software and equipment purchases.
Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis year-round, and decisions on awards will be made once a month by the VIDL staff. Applications should be no longer than one page and should include
- justification for the grant, explaining how it will lead to innovation in teaching or research by the faculty member; and
- a budget with documented pricing.
Those receiving grants will be expected to provide
- a brief report on their use of the equipment,
- justification for its future use, and
- possibility of sharing the experience at a forum at a later date.
All members of the Vanderbilt faculty (full-time, part-time, tenure, non-tenure) and full-time staff in the College of Arts and Science, Law School, Owen Graduate School, Peabody College, Blair School of Music, School of Engineering, Divinity School, School of Medicine Basic Science departments, and School of Nursing faculty in non-clinical departments are eligible to apply.
All faculty (full-time, part-time, tenure, non-tenure) and full-time staff employed by Vanderbilt University are eligible to apply.