In Tennessee, one in six people are at risk of hunger, and one in four children do not know where their next meal will come from.
USAC is sponsoring the Share the Love Food Drive benefitting Second Harvest Feb. 9–29. There will be more then two dozen donation locations across the university and Medical Center campuses to make giving as convenient as possible.
Any non-perishable food items are appreciated. The most-needed items are soups, stews, canned fruits and vegetables, canned chicken and tuna, peanut butter, cereal and pasta. Participation from all staff, faculty and students who are able to donate is encouraged.
Donation locations are as follows:
- The Commons Center – 1st floor by bulletin board
- Sarratt Student Center – Sarratt Gallery by the front desk
- Student Life Center – lobby by the information desk
- Kirkland Hall – 1st floor hallway
- Wilson Hall – Psychology Department, Suite 301
- Buttrick Hall – Suite 230
- Owen Graduate School of Management – bottom of the 1st floor stairs
- Owen Graduate School of Management – inside large office suite
- Law School – 2nd floor staff lounge
- Featheringill Hall – tower entrance near the handicap ramp
- Divinity School – Dean’s suite, Room 113
- Peabody Administration Building – 1st floor hallway
- Wyatt Center – Department of Teaching and Learning, Suite 240
- Central Library – lobby
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center – 3rd floor, off the elevator
- Stevenson Center – Physics and Astronomy Department, Suite 6301
- Baker Building – lobby
- 2525 West End Ave. – outside the HR Express office
- Loews Office Tower – Office of Risk Management
- Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center – front desk
- Health Plus office (in the VRWC) – Health Plus lobby
- Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center – lobby
- Bryan Building
- Light Hall – North Lobby
- Preston Research Building/Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center – main entrance
- Vanderbilt University Hospital – 2nd floor plaza entrance
USAC would like to recognize the critical partnership of Plant Operations staff, who are facilitating the pick up and storage of donations from each of these locations. Without their assistance, this drive, along with many other important events on campus, could not happen.