Have you ever arrived at a doctor’s appointment only to realize you left your insurance card at home? Have you ever wanted to check the status of a claim while you were out and about? Aetna Mobile can help!
As a Vanderbilt Health Plan participant, you can download the Aetna Mobile app and have all your health-plan information at your fingertips. Aetna Mobile gives you access to your secure member information whenever you need it. With Aetna Mobile, you can:
- search and view claims;
- check coverage and benefits information;
- pull up your virtual ID card;
- view and reply to secure messages;
- take advantage of the Member Payment Estimator to compare cost estimates;
- find a doctor or facility;* and
- link to the iTriage app to look up symptoms, learn about procedures, and get the latest health news.
- *Note: Currently, the Aetna Mobile app DocFind lists providers in the Aetna National Network. If you have Aetna Plus or Aetna Select, choose the first drop-down: Aetna Choice® POS II (Open Access). If you have Aetna HealthFund, choose the second drop-down: Aetna Choice® POS II (Aetna HeathFund).
IPhone users also can:
- find urgent care centers and walk-in clinics, and
- contact Aetna for quick answers to your plan questions.
To find Tier 1 providers in the Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network (VHAN), visit Aetna DocFind and select “Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network” under the “Plan” drop-down.
There are several easy ways to download the Aetna Mobile app:
- iPhone users: through the Apple app store;
- Android users: though the Google Play store;
- All other mobile device users: text Apps to 23862 (text message rates may apply); or
- Scan the QR code on Aetna’s mobile app page with your mobile device.