In one incident, a female student reported that she was in a residence hall when she was fondled by a male acquaintance.
In the other incident, a female student reported that she was asleep in a residence hall when she was sexually assaulted by another female student.
This security notice is being issued to remind students that:
- Sexual assault does not just occur between strangers.
- Sex without consent is sexual assault.
- Sexual assault is a crime.
- Not responding to sexual advances is not giving consent.
- Consent is actual words or actions indicating a freely given agreement to engage in sexual activity.
The Vanderbilt University Police Department is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need emergency assistance, call (615) 421-1911. For nonemergency assistance, call (615) 322-2745.
The Project Safe Center offers a support line 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (615) 322-SAFE (7233).
The Psychological and Counseling Center (PCC) offers support and resources as well. They can be reached at (615) 322-2571.
Contact: Vanderbilt University Police Department, (615) 322-2745