Fourteen lucky students had some pretty great seats for the Sept. 25 Taylor Swift concert at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena, thanks to Chancellor Nicholas S. Zeppos.
Zeppos shared box seats with the seven winners (and their guests) of the “Wildest Dreams” contest. Students were asked to share on social media, using only Taylor Swift lyrics, “how Vanderbilt has made your ‘Wildest Dreams’ come true”—a reference to Swift’s latest single.
More than 360 entries were received via Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. The winning entries were:
- How has Vanderbilt made my Wildest Dreams come true? Vandy has pushed me beyond walls I didn’t even know I had. It has been rewarding and incredibly entertaining! “Long live the walls we crashed through. I had the time of my life with you!” #VUSwift
- Spending the last 8 months; Thinking all my research does is break and burn and end; But on a Wednesday, in MRB3, I watched it begin again #VUSwift
- “We never go out of style” #VUSwift #vandygram
- Being at Vanderbilt is “like I got this music in my mind saying, “It’s gonna be all right.” #VUSwift
- “We found wonderland, You and I got lost in it, And life was never worse but never better, In wonderland #VUSwift
- I don’t know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me head first. Fearless!” #VUSwift #AnchorDown
- “There’s something ’bout the way the street looks when it’s just rained, there’s a glow off the pavement / It’s a new soundtrack, I could dance to this beat, beat, forever more. The lights are so bright but they never blind me / Don’t you see the starlight? Don’t you dream impossible things? / And I don’t know how it gets better than this, in this moment now capture it, remember it / It’s the first year, it’s flawless, really something, it’s fearless” # VUSwift