Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt will kick off the construction phase of the “Growing to New Heights” campaign to expand the Children’s Hospital on Wednesday, Sept. 2. The tented block party will be held at Children’s Way and 23rd Avenue South from 10 a.m. to noon.
Please make note of the following road closures and changes to traffic:
- Vanderbilt University Police Department will block all through traffic on 23rd Avenue South from 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1, until 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 2.
- VUPD will block 23rd Avenue South at Children’s Way and limit traffic onto 23rd Avenue South from Blakemore Avenue.
- There will be no changes to staff and faculty parking Sept. 1–2.
- The entrance to Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital and the first entrance (from Blakemore) to the Psychiatric Hospital will remain open.
- Both sidewalks along 23rd Avenue South will be open to pedestrians at all times.
- Children’s Hospital staff are strongly encouraged not to pick up/drop off in the circle in front of the hospital from 9:30 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Sept. 2.