The March 10 test of AlertVU, Vanderbilt University’s emergency mass notification system, has been rescheduled for the fall 2015 semester. A notice will be sent to the Vanderbilt community in the fall regarding the new date.
AlertVU is used for emergencies posing an imminent threat or danger to the Vanderbilt community. It is important to regularly update your settings in the AlertVU system to ensure you are receiving these important messages on your device of choice.
The system sends messages to all contact points in its database, which can include cell phones (voice or text), land lines and email. Emergency messages are automatically sent to all Vanderbilt email addresses.
The Vanderbilt University Police Department strongly encourages Vanderbilt community members to include cell phone numbers as a contact point because a phone call or text message to a cell phone often gets more attention than receiving an email in an emergency situation.
Faculty and staff who wish to change their contact points can do so by following these steps:
- Log in to C2HR.
- Select “Personal Profile” in the menu box.
- Select “Edit” at the bottom of the page.
- Make changes to the “Personal Contact Information” section where contact information on file is listed. Select the checkboxes for the devices/contact points on which you wish to receive AlertVU messages. You may also add additional contact points.
- Select “Next” at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, select “Confirm” to save your entries.
Contact: Johnny Vanderpool, (615) 343-4804