Share the Love food drive ends Feb. 27Feb. 6, 2015, 9:38 AM
In Tennessee, one in six people are at risk of hunger, and one in four children do not know where their next meal will come from.
USAC is sponsoring the Share the Love Food Drive benefitting Second Harvest Feb. 9–27. There will be a dozen donation locations across the university and Medical Center campuses to make giving as convenient as possible.
Any non-perishable food items are appreciated. The most-needed items are soups, stews, canned fruits and vegetables, canned chicken and tuna, peanut butter, cereal and pasta. Participation from all staff, faculty and students who are able to donate is encouraged.
Donation locations include:
- Wilson Hall – Suite 301 (psychology department)
- Vanderbilt Law School – main lobby
- Peabody Administration Building – main lobby
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center – main lobby
- Sarratt Student Center – main lobby
- Student Life Center – main lobby
- The Commons Center – main lobby
- 2525 West End Ave. – outside HR Express
- Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center – main lobby
- Preston Research Building/Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center – main entrance
- Light Hall – main lobby
- Vanderbilt University Hospital – 2nd floor plaza entrance
If your department wishes to collect food items but is unable to drop them at a donation box, please contact email@example.com to arrange pick up.
USAC would like to recognize the critical partnership of Plant Operations staff, who are facilitating the pick up and storage of donations from each of these locations. Without their assistance, this drive, along with many other important events on campus, could not happen.