Alumni Playing Pro Hoops Worldwideby Dec. 23, 2014, 2:07 PM
Find out where some of your favorite former men’s basketball players are continuing their careers on the hardwood:
• Jermaine Beal, BS’10, is with the Perth Wildcats in Australia. Beal averaged 15.5 points and 3.4 assists last year, helping the Wildcats win the league title. He also was named MVP of the championship series against Adelaide.
• Derrick (“DeeBee”) Byars, BA’07, plays for Baloncesto Sevilla in Spain. Last year Byars was with Belfius Mons-Hainaut in Belgium and the Bakersfield Jam in the NBA D-League.
• Festus Ezeli, BA’12, the 30th overall selection of the 2012 NBA Draft, plays for the Golden State Warriors. He missed all of last season while recovering from surgery on his right knee.
• Alex Gordon, BS’08, spent last season with Turkish club Vestelspor Manisa, where he averaged 17.7 points and 6.1 assists in 36 games.
• Lance Goulbourne, BA’12, is with Turkish club Akhisar Belediye. Goulbourne previously played in the NBA D-League for the Santa Cruz Warriors, averaging 13.8 points and 9.8 rebounds in 21 games.
• John Jenkins, ’14, the 23rd overall selection in the 2012 NBA Draft, is in his third year with the Atlanta Hawks. Jenkins missed most of last season because of a back injury.
• Rod Odom, BA’14, signed with Greek club KAO Dramas in August.
• A.J. Ogilvy, ’11, is with Spanish club La Bruixa d’Or Manresa. Last year Ogilvy played for the Sydney Kings in his native Australia, where he averaged 13.1 points and led the league with 8.6 rebounds.
• Steve Tchiengang, BA’12, plays for BC Timba Timisoara in Romania. Last year Tchiengang averaged 9.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game for the Island Storm in Canada.
• Brad Tinsley, BA’12, is with MLP Academics Heidelberg in Germany. Tinsley averaged 27.2 points and 5.9 assists in 27 games last year with the Lakeside Lightning in Australia.