Skip to Content
by Nancy Humphrey | Thursday, Mar. 6, 2014, 9:35 AM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s advertising campaigns won six American Advertising (ADDY) Awards in Nashville’s 2014 competition.
Local ADDY awards feed into district and national competitions, offering recognition for the best in advertising and promotional content produced across the nation in hundreds of small, mid-sized and large markets.
The peer-reviewed awards are the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, recognizing and rewarding creative excellence in the art of advertising. Each year the ADDYs attract more than 40,000 entries to its competitions.
“This is a celebration of the best of the best in American advertising, at every level,” said Tim Templeton, co-president of the American Advertising Federation Nashville (AAFN).
VUMC’s campaigns won the following awards:
• Best of Show Broadcast/Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt/You’ll Do Anything For Your Child campaign/Lewis Advertising
• Gold/Regional/National TV Campaign, Services/ Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt/You’ll Do Anything For Your Child campaign
• Silver/Point of Purchase, Countertop or Attached/Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt After Hours campaign
• Silver/Newspaper Advertising, Black and White/Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
• Silver/Regional/National TV/Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt/You’ll Do Anything For Your Child campaign/Boo. See that ad at http://youtu.be/jBkFJsuq1b4
• Silver/Regional/National TV/Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt/You’ll Do Anything For Your Child campaign/Tuxedo. See that ad at http://youtu.be/gLpVXTyU2Wc
“The story behind all of our advertising is the excellent work done every day by our faculty and staff,” said Jill Austin, VUMC’s assistant vice chancellor for Strategic Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer. “We aim for creative excellence in telling that story, so VUMC’s marketing team and our agency, Lewis Communications, is honored to have received this recognition from our own peers.”
Nancy Humphrey, (615) 322-4747
There are lots of ways to keep up with Vanderbilt. Choose your preferred method: