Human Resources announces benefits news for 2014Jan. 9, 2014, 8:00 AM
Check time off balances online; new look for benefits deductions on paychecks
You may notice a new look for certain sections of your 2014 paychecks. Learn more in the summary below or visit the HR website to see a sample paycheck.
Time off balances
In the past, your paycheck displayed your time off balances. For 2014, time off balances will no longer be included on paychecks. To check your time off balances, go to C2HR and click on the “Time Off Balances” link in the right sidebar.
Before-tax deductions. This section of your paycheck shows deductions for your Medical, Dental, Vision, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) payroll premiums. Retirement and Flexible Spending Account deductions also are included in this section. Monthly paid employees will have deductions taken from each monthly paycheck (no change from 2013). Biweekly paid employees will have deductions taken out of their first two checks. Weekly paid employees will have deductions taken out of their first four checks. If employees have a third or fifth check during a month, that check will only show a deduction for Flexible Spending Accounts and Retirement.
After-tax deductions. This section shows deductions for your Long-Term Disability and Short-Term Disability payroll premiums.
Employer paid benefits and other. This section shows the portion of your benefits that Vanderbilt pays. This money does not come out of your paycheck. If you receive the $25 per month HRA (for employees hired on or before Dec. 31, 2004), that amount will appear in this section. While paychecks in 2013 included LTD Flex Credits under the Earnings section, paychecks in 2014 will have that amount listed as Long Term Disability under this section.
My VU Benefits website
Visit the My VU Benefits website, which is powered by our Open Enrollment vendor Benefit Express. Use the site to:
- View your benefits elections (except for Retirement, which is on C2HR);
- Manage your Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Reimbursement Account;
- View your dependents;
- View and/or update your beneficiaries;
- Enroll for new benefits elections (for newly eligible employees);
- Initiate a My Life Change (Family Status Change, such as getting married or having a baby).
The website also includes videos, benefit plan details, online calculators and decision support tools.
Review and update your beneficiaries
The start of a new year is a great time to review and update your beneficiaries. You can assign beneficiaries to the following Vanderbilt benefits: Life Insurance, AD&D and Retirement.
To update or change your beneficiaries for Life Insurance and/or AD&D:
- Go to the My VU Benefits enrollment tool.
- Log in with your VUnetID and ePassword.
- Go to the “Home” navigation link in the top horizontal navigation bar and then select “My Beneficiaries” from the dropdown menu.
- You will see your current beneficiaries.
- You can add a new beneficiary at any time. Click on the “Add Beneficiary” button.
- You can assign new allocation amounts for each beneficiary, for both primary and secondary (also called contingent).
- To remove a beneficiary, change the percentage for that beneficiary to “0.” Then allocate the percentage for the new beneficiary or beneficiaries to equal 100 percent. Click “Apply to All,” and then click “Save.”
- To edit a beneficiary, click on the beneficiary’s name and the “Edit Beneficiary” dialog box will open. Make your changes and click “Save and Close.” Then click “Save” on the page listing your beneficiaries. Note that the system may take a few minutes to display the change. To make changes to a beneficiary’s birth date or Social Security number, contact the Employee Service Center at email@example.com or (615) 343-7000.
To update or change your beneficiaries for Retirement, contact your investment company.
The Vanderbilt employee portal C2HR – Connect to HR – now includes these features:
- A link to Kronos for flexPTO reporting;
- A link to the My VU Benefits website for current employees to view benefit elections, update beneficiaries, manage Flexible Spending Accounts and more. Newly benefits eligible employees will use the My VU Benefits site to enroll for benefits.
C2HR is available from any computer with Internet access, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All you need is a VUnetID and ePassword.
Contact the Employee Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 343-7000.