Road closures Oct. 12
Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, 4:09 PM
The 2012 Nashville Heart Walk raised more than $1.7 million for the American Heart Association. (Steve Green/Vanderbilt University)
Vanderbilt University will once again be hosting the 2013 Greater Nashville Heart Walk on Saturday, Oct. 12, which will result in road closures around campus.
The event will be held on Rec Field No. 2 at the corner of Natchez Trace and Children’s Way. The festivities start at 8 a.m. and the walk starts at 10 a.m.
There will be several partial, rolling street closings starting on the morning of Oct. 12 from 7 a.m. to Noon. They are:
- Natchez Trace from Children’s Way to West End
- West End from Natchez Trace to 25thAve.—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- 25thAve. from West End to Vanderbilt Place
- Vanderbilt Place from 25th to 24th
- 24thfrom Vanderbilt Place to West End
- West End from 24thto 21st—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- 21stAve. from West End to Children’s Way—one lane closure, street will be open to traffic
- Children’s Way from 21stAve. to Natchez Trace
- Children’s Way will be closed from Natchez Trace to 25thAve., 7 a.m.—1 p.m. (approx.)
- Natchez Trace will be closed from Children’s Way to Jess Neely, 8:45 a.m.—11:15 a.m. (approx.)
- Any point in the route will take approx. 30-45 minutes to clear.
Contact: Ed Higgins
, (615) 343-1270