Voting is now open for Tennessee Employment Idol, which celebrates employment success stories among people with disabilities.
The finalists are featured in two- to four-minute videos that should depict:
- How the employee got the job;
- Why the job is a great fit;
- How many hours a week the employee works;
- How long the employee has had the job;
- What working adds to the employee’s life;
- How the employee gets to and from work;
- The employee performing their job; and
- The employee interacting with co-workers, customers and/or supervisors about what he or she has added to the workplace.
Anyone can view the videos, but you must log in to YouTube and “like” your favorite to have your vote count. One vote is allowed per email address.
A screening of the videos will take place at 9 a.m. Thursday, May 30, at the Tennessee Disability MegaConference. Online and conference audience votes will be tallied, and the top three videos will receive prizes.
The Tennessee Employment Idol contestants are:
For more information or to contribute a prize for the winners, contact Lynnette Henderson at 936-0448.
For more information about the employment of people with disabilities in Tennessee, visit www.TennesseeWorks.org.
Contact: Lynnette Henderson, (615) 936-0448