Vanderbilt is gearing up for Commencement 2013 and needs volunteers to help with the three-day celebration for graduates and their families.
The Party on Wednesday, May 8, is a dance for graduates and families held at The Martha Rivers Ingram Commons. This year’s event features the dance band Band X. Volunteers are needed for two shifts: from 8 to 10:15 p.m. and from 10:15 p.m. to midnight.
Volunteers for The Party will receive:
- Dinner that evening;
- A T-shirt branded with the event logo;
- The opportunity to be a guest at The Party when not volunteering; and
- A gift for volunteering.
Senior Day on Thursday, May 9, will feature Toni Morrison, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for fiction, the Nobel Prize for literature and the U.S. Presidential Medal of Freedom. Volunteers are needed from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Volunteers for Senior Day will receive:
- A gift for volunteering; and
- The opportunity to hear Morrison speak.
Commencement on Friday, May 10, is an important day for graduates and their families. Volunteers are needed from 6:30 a.m. to noon on Alumni Lawn. Commencement will be relocated to Memorial Gym in the event of severe weather.
Volunteers for Commencement will receive:
- Morning snacks and afternoon lunch;
- A gift for volunteering;
- A great chance to network with others from across campus; and
- A role in one of the university’s largest and most prestigious events.
To sign up to volunteer or to learn more, visit the Commencement website.
Contact: Katie Burgbacher, (615) 322-4788