Nashville Mayor Karl Dean will host a community walk at Centennial Park beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 26. The event is the finale to the mayor’s Walk 100 Miles challenge. All from the community are invited to attend.
Nearly 100 people met the 2012 challenge, and altogether, participants walked more than 18,400 miles.
The walk will begin at the event shelter off Park Plaza at the north end of the park. Click here to view the location on Google Maps.
The event will include a t-shirt giveaway for the 100 people who met the challenge and special recognition of 33 people who met the challenge in both 2011 and 2012, walking a total of 200 miles in two years.
Community partners for the Walk 100 Miles challenge include:
- Coca Cola – provided the commemorative t-shirts
- Vanderbilt University – walk partner
- Walgreens – walk partner, provided free flu shot vouchers for walk participants
- Maplewood High School – walk partner
- Hartman Community Center – walk partner
- NAZA – walk partner
- Children’s Christian Center – walk partner
- Nashville Striders – walk partner
- Hip Donelson – walk partner
- Achilles International: Nashville Chapter – walk partner