No changes allowed to ePassword Nov. 1–5 during AccessVU releaseOct. 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
Information Technology Services and the Vanderbilt Identity Services team will release AccessVU, an extensive upgrade to Vanderbilt’s Identity Management system, on Nov. 5.
As a result, from 5 p.m. Nov. 1, until 6 a.m. Nov. 5, ePassword and all identity management services will be offline.
Staff and faculty will not be able to make changes to their ePasswords or perform any other tasks related to this system during the outage. However, no passwords will expire during the change window.
Emergency changes—what to do?
Emergency tasks pertaining to identity management services must be performed by the Identity Management team. To request an emergency change, call the ITS Network Operations Center at (615) 322-2954.
New application, training required to maintain VSA status
To maintain your VUnet Services Administrators (VSA) status, ITS requires that you attend training and that a new application (its.vanderbilt.edu/files/documents/vsa_app.pdf) be submitted.
This form may be faxed to ITS at 343-4606 or mailed to ITS at Information Technology Services; Attn: ITS Partner; 143 Hill Center/PD 34.
If your application is not received by Oct. 29, your access to the identity management tools will be revoked.
If you have not already done so, please go online (vanderbilt.mzinga.com/app/servlet/goTo?Page=CourseInfo&DirectLinkID=308652) to pick an available date for VSA training.
AccessVU—what it means
- Allows limited use of Vanderbilt resources to self-registered users, including potential students, library patrons or contractors.
- Allows users to optionally provide personally identifiable information (Social Security number, date of birth, legal name) for future account elevation.
- Supports login using third party identity providers, such as Google, Windows Live or Facebook.
New administration tools/enhanced account creation:
- Account creation will now support role-based privileges for user accounts, admin can specify access to services and invitation based account creation.
- Enhanced user interface for administrators.
- New reporting tools.
- Integration with Privilege Management leverages new HR department trees.
- Role-based permissions for administrators.
Send questions or comments to: AccessVU@Vanderbilt.edu.
Contact: Chris Marshall, (615) 343-2157