Early voting in Davidson County is now open through Thursday, Nov. 1, at designated times and locations. You must be registered in Davidson County and present a photo ID to vote. Election Day 2012 is Tuesday, Nov. 6.
Belle Meade City Hall – 4705 Harding Pike
Bellevue Community Center – 656 Colice Jeanne Road
Bordeaux Library – 4000 Clarksville Pike
Coleman Park Community Center – 384 Thompson Lane
Crossings Event Center – 5380 Hickory Hollow Parkway
Election Commission – 800 2nd Ave. S., 1st Floor
Edmondson Pike Library – 5501 Edmondson Pike
Friendship Baptist Church – 1109 32nd Ave. N.
Goodlettsville City Hall – 105 South Main St.
Green Hills Library – 3701 Benham Ave.
Hermitage Library – 3700 James Kay Lane
Madison Library – 610 Gallatin Pike South
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 18, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 19, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 20, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 22, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 23, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 24, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 25, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 26, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 29, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 30, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 31, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 1, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
You must present a photo ID to vote.
What IDs are acceptable?
Any of the following IDs may be used, even if expired:
- Tennessee drivers license with your photo
- United States passport
- Photo ID issued by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Photo ID issued by the federal or any state government
- United States Military photo ID
- State-issued handgun carry permit with your photo
What IDs are NOT acceptable?
College student IDs and photo IDs not issued by the federal or a state government are NOT acceptable.
Who is exempt?
- Voters who vote absentee by mail
- Voters who are residents of a licensed nursing home or assisted living center and who vote at the facility
- Voters who are hospitalized
- Voters with a religious objection to being photographed
- Voters who are indigent and unable to obtain a photo ID without paying a fee
What if I registered by mail and am voting in my first election?
Federal law requires first time voters who register by mail to present one of the following:
- A current photo identification with voter’s name and photo, or …
- If the photo identification is expired, the voter must also present one of the following: a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows the voter’s name and address.
For more information, visit the Davidson County Election Commission website.