Join the Nashville Heart Walk and win bigby Stacey Kendrick | Aug. 6, 2012, 9:36 AM
The Annual Nashville Heart Walkwill be held on Saturday, Oct. 6, at Vanderbilt. Last year, Vanderbilt raised $254,000 to support the cause and was one of the top organizations in the country for the American Heart Association!
This year Vanderbilt faculty and staff can not only make a big difference for the cause, but improve their health and win big prizes!
Drawings for a treadmill, a hot air balloon ride, an iPad, Nashville Predators memorabilia and more will be held for faculty and staff that meet the following criteria:
- Meet the Start! Physical Activity Program Challenge 3 Goal
- Register as a Team Captain or Team Walker for the Vanderbilt Heart Walk
- Attend the Nashville Heart Walk on Oct. 6 and check in at the Vanderbilt team tent
Prize drawings will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 10.
Did you know…
- 1 in 3 people will die from heart disease?
- More than 60 percent of adults in Tennessee are considered overweight?
- Every 45 seconds someone in America has a stroke – 780,000 people every year?
- Currently, Vanderbilt is receiving more than $6.6 million in active grants from the America Heart Association, representing 42 awardees?
For questions please contact Health Plus.
Stacey Kendrick, (615) 322-6689