TravelVU program to launch Oct. 4Sep. 26, 2011, 3:03 PM
TravelVU, a new travel program for Vanderbilt faculty, staff and students, will launch Oct. 4.
TravelVU is a comprehensive initiative that encompasses all aspects of the travel planning, booking, reporting and reimbursement processes. The program is based on elements specifically tailored to the Vanderbilt traveler.
• A new relationship with FROSCH, a multi-faceted travel management company with presences in 44 countries.
• A new TravelVU website designed to lead travelers through the planning, booking and reimbursement processes.
• A new Online Travel Authorization, Expense Reporting and Reimbursement Tool (coming in 2012).
The TravelVU program will offer these benefits each time you travel:
• Vanderbilt-dedicated travel agents or customized online booking tools for reserving flights, hotel accommodations, car rentals and more. The online tool, for business use only, provides convenient booking options similar to those provided by commercial travel websites.
• 24/7 traveler assistance and no booking fees for those travelers utilizing FROSCH Travel for Vanderbilt business travel.
• Online, electronic submission of travel authorization and expense reimbursement requests with visibility into status and approval processes and a direct deposit option.
• Travel planning guides to lead travelers through the process and give them access to the electronic travel tools and to links to other valuable travel resources.
FROSCH agents will be on campus Oct. 4 and 5 to provide information about their services and the online booking tool. To sign up for training, visit The Learning Exchange or come to Light Hall, Room 208, Oct. 4 at 9 or 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.; or Oct. 5 at 1 p.m. Each session is 55 minutes.
Contact: Kathryn James, (615) 322-4375