Vanderbilt alumni form health care associationFeb. 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A group of graduates from the Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management, who now work in the health care industry, has created an association to advance Owen‘s successful health care MBA program.
Members of the Vanderbilt MBA health care Alumni Association will use their expertise to assist in areas such as placement, admissions and curriculum enhancement. The group is also coordinating with Owen to build a database of health care alumni resumes.
“Business-related innovations in health care will improve the health care system in the United States,” said David Frederiksen, current president of the association. “Vanderbilt‘s health care MBA program is producing graduates ready to re-think and revolutionize the challenges that lie ahead.”
There are more than 600 Owen alumni working in health care across the United States, with many residing in middle Tennessee.
Members of the 2006-2007 Vanderbilt MBA Health Care Alumni Association:
* April Aden, Fident Consulting
* Oliver Banks, Vanderbilt MBA 2007, and President, Vanderbilt Health Care Club
* Dan Beuerlein, Symbion Healthcare
* Chip Blaufuss, Saint Thomas Health Services
* Kay Ferrell, Carnahan Group
* Paul Frankenberg, Kraft Search Associates
* David Frederiksen, Insight Healthcare Financial, Inc.
* Vic Gatto, Massey Burch Capital Corp.
* Jennifer Gower, Emdeon
* Robert E. Henry, American Endoscopy Services, Inc.
* Greg Kunst, KCI
* Rusty Miller, Bank of America
* Maren W. Scoggins, Surface
* Chad Upjohn, Healthways
Vanderbilt designed the health care MBA curriculum with the help of a panel of health care industry leaders who expressed the need for a different kind of graduate business education. The Owen program requires a rigorous, structured curriculum of health care-specific courses and immersion in the day-to-day realities of health care through a combination of real-world clinical experiences and strategic projects with health care organizations.
The Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University is ranked as a top institution by Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, Financial Times and Forbes. For more news about Owen, visit www.owen.vanderbilt.edu.
Media contact: Amy Wolf, (615) 322-NEWS