Refurbished Cohen Memorial Opens

CohenMemorial

Designed by the New York firm of McKim, Mead and White, Cohen Memorial on the Peabody campus has always been dedicated to the arts. Nashville art collector George Etta Brinkley Cohen gave the hall to Peabody College in 1926 and occupied an apartment on the second floor until her 1930 death. The newly renovated structure now houses Vanderbilt’s Department of the History of Art, the Department of Classical Studies, and the Vanderbilt Fine Arts Gallery. (To find out about naming opportunities at Cohen, contact Jonathan Petty, associate dean for development, at (615) 322-8119 or jonathan.petty@vanderbilt.edu.)

Tags: