Skip to Content
by Kathy Rivers | Posted on Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013 — 9:37 AM
Each year, the Middle Tennessee Chapter of the March of Dimes recognizes nurses who demonstrate excellence in various aspect of the nursing profession.
At a recent awards ceremony, seven nurses from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and Vanderbilt University School of Nursing were honored:
• VUSN Ph.D. student Bethany Andrews-Rhoten was recognized as the Graduate Nurse of the Year.
• Kim Domaradzki, BSN, R.N., VUMC perinatal quality consultant, was named Quality & Risk Management Nurse of the Year.
• Chelsea Cash, BSN, R.N., pediatric emergency nurse at Children’s Hospital, was recognized as Emergency Nurse of the Year.
• Carol Huber, BSN, R.N., VUMC lactation consultant, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, was named Pediatric Nurse of the Year.
• Sharon Karp, Ph.D., assistant professor of Nursing, was recognized as the Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year.
• Sheila Ridner, Ph.D., MSN, professor of Nursing, was awarded the distinction of Research Nursing Nurse of the Year.
• Erin Rodgers, MSN, assistant professor of Nursing, was recognized as Graduate Nursing Education Nurse of the Year.
Kathy Rivers, (615) 322-3894
There are lots of ways to keep up with Vanderbilt. Choose your preferred method: