Skip to Content
by Bill Snyder | Posted on Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012 — 9:23 AM
Nominations are being sought for the 2013 VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards in Teaching (School of Medicine) and Research (School of Medicine and School of Nursing).
Award recipients are nominated by their faculty colleagues in the schools of Medicine and Nursing, and are chosen by 2013 VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards Selection Committees.
The nomination package must be submitted online via REDCap through this link: https://redcap.vanderbilt.edu/surveys/?s=fDZhuc. Deadline for nominations is Feb. 1, 2013.
The nomination package must include a letter of nomination, typically from a department chair or center director, three supporting letters from colleagues that have been bundled into one PDF for easy upload, and a current CV sent as a PDF.
Nominations for School of Medicine Teaching Awards should include additional supporting letters from fellows, residents and students. Letters from individuals previously trained by the nominee are strongly recommended. These letters also should be bundled into one PDF.
The categories of recognition for 2013 are listed below:
VUMC AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS TO RESEARCH
• Leadership of a Multi-investigator Team Award for Two or More Faculty Working Collaboratively or in a Multidisciplinary Manner to Address Important Biological Processes and/or Diseases
• Sidney P. Colowick Award for Research That Serves as a Platform for Discovery in Diverse Areas
• William J. Darby Award for Translational Research That Has Changed the Practice of Medicine Worldwide
• Ernest W. Goodpasture Award for Groundbreaking Research That Addresses the Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases or Important Biological Problems in Immunity
• Research Enhancement Award for Development, Implementation, and/or Creation of Technology That Elevates the Research and Science of Multiple Investigators
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING
• Frank H. Boehm Award for Contributions to Continuing Medical Education
• Gerald S. Gotterer Award for Innovation in Education Programming That Has Proven to be Effective
• F. Peter Guengerich Award for Mentoring Postdoctoral Fellows or Residents in the Research Setting
• John S. Sergent Award for Teaching Medical or Graduate Students in the Small Group Setting
Award recipients will be announced at the 2013 Spring Faculty Meeting. For a list previous award winners in these categories, click here.
Bill Snyder, (615) 322-4747
There are lots of ways to keep up with Vanderbilt. Choose your preferred method: